Voter Registration Status Confirmation.
Confirm your voter registration status on INEC online voter card verification portal on your mobile phone.
Also referred to as voter card validation, the Independent national electoral commission INEC has provided an online facility for new and existing voters to confirm their voter registration status.
Voters can confirm their status on https://voters.inecnigeria.org/.
Existing voters who registered before the year 2021 can as well review and update their voter information where necessary. In fact, every Nigerian citizen who registered to vote prior to 2021 is advised to review his or her information on the INEC continuous voter registration CVR platform.
How To Review/Update/Revalidate Voter Info.
Follow the step-by-step guide below to update your information on your mobile device.
[A] ACCOUNT SETUP GUIDE:
- Visit the INEC online registration portal via the following link; https://cvr.inecnigeria.org/Home/start
- Scroll down to the “New Portal User” section.
- Enter your names, mobile number, Email, and desired portal password in the spaces provided.
- Perform the security check by ticking the “I’m not a robot” option box.
- Then tap the “continue” button at the bottom of the page.
- Check your Email for a mail from INEC CVR portal, and click on the link therein to verify your INEC account.
[B] VOTER INFORMATION REVIEW GUIDE:
- Visit the INEC online registration portal again via the following link; https://cvr.inecnigeria.org/Home/start
- Scroll down to the “Login with Email” section
- Enter your Email address and the password created while following the ACCOUNT SETUP GUIDE above.
- Then click on the”Login” button.
- When you are logged in, scroll down to the “REVIEW” section and click on “REVIEW INFORMATION”.
- On the new page, enter your information accordingly and upload your photo (ask someone to help take headshot pictures of yourself). Follow a self-explanatory guide on the page to capture the photos(when smiling and when not-smiling) correctly.
- Submit your update when done.
[C] VOTER INFORMATION UPDATE GUIDE:
If any of your information (name, date of birth etc.) appears wrongly on the portal or you wish to correct any wrong information you supplied during registration, follow similar steps above. However, when you are logged in to the INEC portal, you need to scroll down to the “INFORMATION UPDATE” section and click “REQUEST UPDATE”, then follow through accordingly.
I hope this helps. Drop your questions or comments via the comment box at the end of this post.
Don’t forget to share this important info with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and other Social Media platforms using the SHARE buttons below.