Engr Suleiman Adamu (Hussein) is a ministerial nominee From Jigawa State. Previous Occupation/Public Offices Held:
· Principal Consultant with Afri- Projects Consortium, Management Consultants to the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund, where he was actively involved in the planning and preparation of several national infrastructural projects in the health, education, transportation, agriculture, water resources and energy sectors.
· At implementation stage he served as Project Manager on several projects, notably under the PTF Urban/Semi- Urban, Regional and Rural Water Supply Programmes, National Farm Power Machinery Rehabilitation Programme and National Waterways Development Project (Dredging of River Niger).
· Seconded to Afri-Projects Consortium (APC) under a special IEA/APC partnering agreement as Principal Consultant and Head of Planning, Directorate of Engineering Services, for the PTF Management Consulting service.
Was actively involved in the planning, coordination and management of the following PTF programmes.
· No records of public office held by Engr. Sulaiman Hussein Adamu.
Qualifications: Achievements; Quotable quotes; Trendsetting ·
B. Eng. (Hons.) Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, 1984· M. Sc. (Project Management) Univ. of Reading, UK, 2004
· Registered Engineer (COREN)· Fellow, Nigerian Society of Engineers (FNSE)· Council Member, Association of Consulting Engineers, Nigeria (ACEN)· Council Member, Council for the Regulation of Engineering, Nigeria (COREN)·
Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (MASCE)
· Project Engineer – Structural Engineering design of WRECA Headquarters building, Kano.
· Project Engineer – Design of Wudil Water Treatment Plant civil works. 1985 – Federal Capital Development Authority, FCDA, Abuja
· Supervision of roads and bridges construction, Abuja Central Area Project. 1984 – 1985 National Youth Service Corps, Kano
· NYSC Engineer with Kano State Ministry of Education supervising renovation and construction of primary and secondary schools and access roads.
· Zakirai-Gujungu Hadejia Road (Jigawa State)
· Jigawa Roads Rehabilitation and Development Programme (Jigawa State)· Achilafiya-Dandi-Yarkirya Road Project (Jigawa State)
· Zamfara State Rural Roads Construction Programme (Zamfara State)· Kwaita-Yebu Road Project (FCT)
· Bwari-Kuchiko Relocation Project (FCT)
· Dungurawa-Tattarawa-Jalli Road Project (Kano State)
· Guzape District Infrastructure Project (FCT)
· FERMA Phase II Project – Katsina State (FERMA)
· Dutse-Suntilmawa Water Supply Feasibility Study (Jigawa State)
· Zungeru-Wushishi Water Supply Project (FMAWR)
· North East Rural Water Supply Project (FMAWR)
· Water Supply and Sanitation Baseline Survey – NW Zone II (IBRD/FMAWR)
· Sulma Dam and Irrigation Project (FMAWR)
· Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme: Study on Alternative Water Resources of 4 Urban Towns (European Union/Jigawa State)
· Community Based Urban Upgrading Project – Hadejia (IBRD/Jigawa State)
· Hadejia Valley Irrigation Project Landuse Mapping (HJRBDA)
· Jigawa State Schools Rehabilitation and Construction Programme (Jigawa State)
· Kano State Schools Rehabilitation and Construction Programme (Kano State)
· Kaduna State Schools Rehabilitation and Construction Programme (Kaduna State)
· Condition Survey of Physical Facilities and Equipment in Federal Polytechnics – Northern Zone (NBTE)
· 1995 – 1999: Afri-Projects Consortium (APC).
Several years professional experience of which 7 years was gained in the public sector. Has been in the consulting industry since 1989. Co- founded Integrated Engineering Associates (IEA) in 1987, a leading firm of civil/ structural, electrical, mechanical and environmental engineering consultancy based in Kaduna, Nigeria.
Has been involved in the planning, supervision and management of several building and civil engineering projects in Nigeria, mainly office/commercial structures, roads and water supply schemes.
“Our mission at IEA is to attain and sustain a strong leadership position in the engineering consulting industry with a global outreach, continuously breaking into new frontiers of technology and dedicating our professional gains and talents to the general well being of our immediate society and humanity at large.”